Tuesday, December 28, 2010


Well first of all Merry Belated Christmas to you all! I don't know about you but it was a wonderful Christmas and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing and being with family and friends. I hope you all felt the spirit of Christmas in your own homes and hearts. Well, today I want to blog about teddy bears. It just so happens that 4 years ago Andy got me a little nurse teddy bear from Build-A-Bear that I accidentally lost. He always accuses me of purposefully losing it which I emphatically deny! That being said, for Christmas this year he decided to relive the dream and get me a nurse teddy bear from Build-A-Bear. Now call me heartless but I really wasn't all that sad when the first one went missing and I really have no use for one now. Andy and I having been married for 5.5 years now and neither of us flinched or whined when I asked for the receipt. So I'm at the Build-A-Bear place and there are little girls all over the shop and they have a station for naming your bear along with a woman working at the stuffing machine in her cute littple apron talking to the kids about how their teddy bears will be with them always and there are signs everywhere for the "Teddy Bear Promise" which is they will always love you and look after you. So I'm standing in line feeling a little out-of-place and like a heel for returning mine when the woman in front of me with teddy bear outfits and teddy bears literally bursting from her arms turns to talk to me and asks me about my bear. When I tell her I am returning mine she looks shocked and a bit affronted and asks me why. I tell her I'm a little old for teddy bears to which she replies with slight indignation, "No one is too old for teddy bears!" I give a half-hearted chuckle and hope the line moves faster. Well, finally its my turn and they let me return my bear and I am $30 dollars richer and have no regrets!

4 comments:

  1. You are my kind of girl. When I get stuff like that I think, great, what am I supposed to do with this? $30 is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too funny. If you ever get another bear (or any cute stuffed animal for that matter) and can't return I will adopt it. I LOVE stuffed animals ;) But I would agree $30 is better than something you have no use for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I would have done the same thing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Love the story! Love retunring things! Love that you stood strong despite a stranger's guilt trip!

    ReplyDelete