Sunday, April 22, 2012

The big House Hunt!

Well this week was the big week of house hunting. Andy was gracious enough to fly back there and look for the both of us. It was a bit nerve wracking for me as I am a bit of a control freak (people who know me are probably thinking, "understatement!") and really wished we could have done this together but I put my trust in Andy and in the spirit that we could be mutually guided though far apart to a home that would be the “right” place for us. The poor boy was so stressed, he looked at 13 houses on Thursday then looked again at our top picks Friday. What made it difficult is that the grand plan of video taping the houses fell through because the player didn’t work properly, so in the end only five of the houses he looked at really got through to me. Well luckily a new house popped up on the market Friday, one which we both liked, so according to pictures and talk we decided to apply for this one, hopefully we get it! There are some pictures below, I will let you be the judge of what you think. Bear in mind that east coast housing is completely different, you are lucky if you have a car port, no one has garages and all the homes were built in the 50's! You are also lucky if you get 2 full bathrooms. But man was it stressful for Andy, comments like “I just wish you could be here looking with me” to “I’m tired of trying to be in your head” were constant themes and when I asked about closet space on one of them I think that pushed him over the edge! Hopefully we will know by Tuesday if they approved us or not. Keep your fingers crossed!
BATHROOM
BATHROOM
BEDROOM
KITCHEN
LIVING ROOM
UPSTAIRS HALLWAY
FRONT OF HOUSE
SIDE OF HOUSE
CARPORT

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I think my favorite Andy quote was: “I’m tired of trying to be in your head”. Love it!

    ReplyDelete